Can’t miss sings of pregnancy include:
- Morning sickness, or nausea. One common sign that women are pregnant is experiencing morning sickness. However, morning sickness is not limited to the morning – some women feel this nausea at other points in the day instead of the morning or as well as during the mornings.
- Pelvic cramping. As the fertilized egg implants in the uterine lining and the uterus begins to grow, many women experience cramps. This can be an indication that you are pregnant, but it may also be a normal pre-menstrual symptom.
- Missed period. Although not a perfect indicator, a missed period is generally a clear sign that it is time to take a pregnancy test. Of course, some women are irregular and others do not track their cycle, so you may not realize you have missed a period right away.
- Cravings for certain foods. Not all women have these during their period, but some experience a strong desire for foods they don’t usually want to eat or an aversion to ones they normally love. Sensitivity to smells is also a common sign of pregnancy.
- A “gut instinct.” Finally, many women say that they simply knew that they were pregnant. They cannot point to a single, certain symptom or experience, but rather indicate an inherent knowledge and certainty that they were carrying a child.