Caring for your Preemie
- Be sure you have chosen the right pediatrician for your family and make medical appointments.
- Receive specialized training in CPR.
- If your preemie is a boy, you will most likely need to make a decision about circumcision. This may be done before your preemie leaves the hospital just like a full term baby boy.
- Make sure you have the appropriate car seat placed in the back seat of your vehicle facing the rear. Three-point or five-point harness systems are the best.
- Success in feeding and sleeping is so very important for a preemie.
- If your home is very warm, make sure your preemie only wears a diaper.
- Moms, make sure you take care of yourself too. Enough rest, eating properly, and exercise is very important.
For more benefical tips on how to care for your preemie, check out "taking home your preemie" on kidshealth.org.
If you would like to join a community of moms who are currently caring for a preemie, join "moms of preemies" on circleofmoms.com.
Source: Kids Health
Image: Wikimedia Commons